The Petersen House 1952
The Petersen House consists of a 2 story block to the rear of the lot with one story wing with inset one car garage projecting to the south.
To the east of door, recessed in concrete block wall, a window bay with large pane and narrow vertical sidelight rises above a wall of a long, narrow salmon-colored brick laid running bond.
To the east, a walk steps out from the driveway and back to the formal entrance. This portion of the wing is set back from the masonry wall, clad in vertical tongue and groove siding. Ribbon windows and a plywood panel run above, beneath the eaves. The garage door is flush vertical tongue and groove siding. The east wall of concrete block extends slightly to shelter the garage door. A ribbon window with brick sills appears on the east elevation.
The two story portion of the house rises a half story above and behind the front wing. A broad brick chimney rises behind a shallow eave on the south elevation. To the east and west, the roof extends to form deep cantilevered eaves. The south elevation is clad in horizontal lapboard. As the walk steps back from the driveway, it forms a planting bed at the front of the house.