The Spivak House— 1955
The Spivak House faces north on a level corner lot on E. Cornell Ave. It is a single story with low-pitch roof gable running from front to back of the house.
East elevation is dominated by a masonry wall of unpainted, half-height concrete block. Clerestory windows and plywood panels appear beneath four-course lapboard fascia of angled, cantilevered eaves. Rafters are exposed and beams extend slightly below fascia. There is a one car garage to the south.
Low planter at northeast corner of the house marks the entrance, recessed beneath deep eaves.Two steps rise to the door beside a wall of broad tongue and groove siding with glass and plywood panels above. A second planter box appears beside the steps. Adjacent to the entrance, a specimen tree rises up through the deep eaves. Behind, three wood columns support the roof.
On the north elevation, horizontal band of glass and plywood panels appear above masonry wall. Broad concrete block chimney rises at center of the house.